No two dental implant tooth replacement plans are exactly alike. That’s why your dentist will need to see you for a consultation and treatment planning appointment before they begin a dental implant tooth replacement plan. During your treatment consultation, Dr. Rana will examine your smile, review your health history, and partner with you to create a dental implant tooth replacement plan that delivers a long lasting natural looking and feeling smile. In this post, we’ll discuss some of the many reasons why dental implant plans may be more complicated than others and what you should expect during treatment.
1 – Your Oral & Overall Health
One of the first things we’ll discuss as part of your dental implant tooth replacement plan is your oral and overall health history. This may involve a number of factors, including:
- Chronic illnesses like diabetes that impact your immune function
- Diseases like osteoporosis that effect bone health
- Current or past oral health concerns like severe gum disease
- Current prescription and nonprescription medications
- Past experiences with surgery, especially adverse reactions to anesthesia, heavy bleeding, and other safety concerns or potential health risks
2 – Number and Location of Missing Teeth
The largest factor in the complexity of your treatment plan is the number of teeth you’re missing. In most cases, replacing a single tooth is significantly less complicated than replacing two or more teeth. During your treatment planning process, Dr. Rana will discuss the number of implant posts necessary and the type of restoration (crown, bridge, denture) we recommend to fully renew your smile.
3 – Need for Preparatory Treatments
If you need to receive treatment prior to beginning the implant placement and restoration process, this will add to the complexity of your case. Some preparatory procedures that may be necessary include:
- Gum disease treatment to improve periodontal health before placing dental implant posts
- Tooth extraction when one or more teeth is severely damaged or decayed
- Gum or bone grafting to increase the amount of tissue available to support dental implant posts
Meet the Comprehensive Dental Team
At Comprehensive Dental of Lincoln Park, we have a whole team of skilled dentists who each bring a special area of expertise to our patients. Dr. Samir Rana and Dr. Shahin Ghobadi are skilled dentists with experience in the most advanced dentistry services, including dental implant placement, oral surgery services like tooth extraction, and bone and gum tissue grafting procedures. If you’re in need of tooth replacement, we are here to help you with even the most advanced dental implant tooth replacement plans. When you’re ready to get started, call our Lincoln Park dental office to schedule a tooth replacement consultation appointment today. We look forward to working with you to repair your damaged smile.