There’s no need to be embarrassed by your smile anymore. Stop hiding from pictures, and quit talking with your hand covering your mouth. There are plenty of treatment options out there to help you get the smile you deserve. One option is porcelain veneers in Montville, but what are they? Talking to your dentist about your dental needs is the first step to gaining a beautiful smile, so let us help you determine if this cosmetic solution is right for you.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
These wafer-thin shells are designed to fit over your natural teeth to hide any impurities or imperfections. They’re durable and resist stains caused by dark-colored beverages, other dental treatments such as a root canal, or even smoking. However, it is advised that although smoking does not stain your veneers, it can cause problems with the bonding agent used to adhere it to your natural tooth.
What Cosmetic Issues Do They Treat?
When trying to determine which cosmetic solution is best for improving your smile, you can be assured that porcelain veneers will help to fix teeth that are:
- Chipped or broken
- Misaligned, uneven, or oddly shaped
- Experiencing gaps between nearby teeth
- Worn down
These cosmetic solutions create a natural-looking appearance that can last anywhere from 7 to 15 years!
How Do I Know if They’re Right for Me?
As with any cosmetic or general dentistry procedure, maintaining good oral health is a must. Brushing twice a day for two minutes and flossing with porcelain veneers is enough to maintain their quality. However, while they can improve your smile quickly and effectively, you may not be a good candidate if:
- You clench or grind your teeth. This could chip the veneer cover, which is usually not repairable.
- You have severely decayed teeth or lack existing enamel. Since the procedure requires some enamel to be removed, it may be impossible to have veneers if there’s an inadequate amount to start with. Less enamel, whether due to veneer placement or unhealthy habits, can cause some sensitivity, too.
- You may want to remove them in the future. Once the veneer is in place, you cannot reverse it.
- You are looking for a cheaper procedure.Porcelain veneers can be costly; however, your dentist in Montville may be able to provide a flexible payment plan, if needed.
The best person to determine if porcelain veneers are right for you is your dentist in Montville. After discussing your options, you may find that this cosmetic solution is just what you need to address your dental needs.
About the Practice
If you’re looking for a dentist office that provides patient comfort, a caring staff, valuable insight and information, and thorough care, then Comprehensive Dental Rana is the place for you! Need to improve your smile? Dr. Rana and his team will discuss treatment options with you to determine which cosmetic dentistry service is right for your dental needs. To learn more about cosmetic dentistry and how it can benefit you, contact us at (973) 633-5666.